Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wooooooooow

So it's been so long because I left to Vegas with my mom for vacation-specifically for the Rugby 7's tournament and it was fun. There were a lot of things that bothered me on the trip because I'm not used to being around second hand smoke, open containers of alcohol, open prostitution, and f bombs going off left and right. LoL. Man you can really tell I live in a bubble because this is exactly how it was when I was on my mission but eventually got used to all the BABYLON things and I learned to just block them out. I have never looked so forward to Sunday and church(which was, no lie, my favorite day out of the 5 we spent there).

We got in Wed, Feb. 8th, and left Monday, the 13th. The night we got in we toured Freemont Street 'cause it was really close to our hotel-California. Majority locals from Hawaii occupied the hotel and its slot machines. haha. The strip, and the bus rides, were cool during the day but once it hit the late nights it was irritz with all the drunk people. eeh...

Shows we saw and loved were The O Cirque du Soleil(Bellagio), La Rev(Wynn), and Phantom of the Opera(Venetian: MY FAVORITE-the sets were amaaaaaazing). I gave a pass-along card to our one cab driver. He was very friendly and accepting of the card.

Sunday, again, was amazing. I never felt so spiritually devastated and couldn't wait to feel the safe haven  effects of sacrament, Sunday School, and Elders Quorum(sounds so cheesy as I typed that lol). I met my dad's cousin, mom's friend/aunty lori's classmate, and he was so nice. He reminded me of the evil guy on Spy Kids. haha no joke-I think it was his hair. Sunday School people were really friendly. They guy next to us introduced himself and then my dad's cousin introduced us to a guy behind us who apparently is a grandson of one of the past general authorities assigned over the South Pacific back when my mom was in high school or something(Elder Simpson). He was a really nice guy, showed me to priesthood, and turns out he was the EQ president. EQ was cool. The lesson was on Jesus Christ and George A. Smith's testimony of Him.

Afterwards we had an amazing lunch at the cousin's home and watched Manu Samoa win the 7's rugby tournament against New Zealand! They scored in the last minute and won 26-19 after being tied 19-19! Later we visited the temple that night and took pictures. Then headed home to the hotel to pack. Oooh we also went to the Hoover Dam Thursday morning. COOOOOOOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment