Monday, February 21, 2011

If my body's a temple, then shouldn't it look like one? LoL

So I'll keep this short-I'm trying to get in shape for a trip I'll be going on for work to LA. LoL It's mostly my stomach I've been trying to get rid of and what do you know? Cutting out carbs and eating mostly fruits, veggies, and meat can help do just that. 


Since August of 2010 I've been SLOWLY changing the way I eat. I drink 2-3 liters of water a day, MAYBE juice/soda once a week, and have managed to eat AT LEAST HALF of what I did before-especially since I'm older and the metabolism is coming to a halt. I've also been doing Insanity at least once a week, jogged a couple times last week on the beach, and been VERY conscious of what I eat.


The bottom line is, and I've thought this a few months back, we're taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(aka the Mormon church) that our bodies are temples-so no drugs, no alcohol, no promiscuous behavior, etc. But what about OBESITY and the kinds of food we put in our bodies? Or lack of exercise? Or lack of sleep? Too many people in my Polynesian community just let themselves go and now the in-thing for the older adults is to get gastric bypass(and my friends call them cheaters haha).


If our bodies are temples, let's not over do it with the food people. Yeah yeah some might say it's our culture, but the gospel culture trumps any other. Make a change starting today. It's not easy-it took me 6 months to get where I am today and I expect it will be an ongoing issue for me the rest of my life. I want to be able to play with my kids and grandkids. I don't want to be hot all the time, confined to a wheel chair, and/or sweating from walking up a flight of stairs.


1 Corinthians 3:16-17 
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.


I know verse 17 sounds harsh... but I like to think of it as how sacred, special, and important our bodies are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment